Tuesday, May 1, 2012

.2.


***Here's another short sneak peek! Let me know what yall think :)
~J

Surgery. UGH. I don’t think words explain how scared I am of surgeries. I have no idea why either, the only surgery I’ve had was to remove my wisdom teeth, if that even counts. It’s all to heal though, that’s what I keep telling myself.

After we run by the house so I can change and whatnot, we head to the Apple Store for a new iPhone.  We run into Patrick and Abby, with Madelyn tucked away in her stroller, looking at iPads.  Jon tells them what happened as I’m getting help to get a new phone.

I planned on taking advantage of Dr. Johnson’s advice of going all out for lunch. Jon doesn’t even have to ask anymore, he knows I want Cheesecake Factory, so it’s like we’re programmed to walk that way. What can I say though, a ton of memories have been made at that place. I met the guys and their wives/girlfriends, that was also where us girls had plenty of lunch dates…revealed a baby on the way (Abby) & an upcoming wedding (me), plus countless late nights of drinks & gossiping…what? We’re women, it’s what we do! Yeah, I love that restaurant. 

I was already getting tired from walking around on the crutches, that I had a feeling I’d be taking a nap with Jon when we get home, so I hobble into our bedroom, as he’s getting comfortable in bed,

“Can I join you?” I ask, standing in the doorway
“For a nap?” he responds, confused
“Yes, for a nap dummy,” I say laughing
“Weeeeell. You never know!” he says, with his hands up in defense
“Your cute. I’m tired, and my arms hurt!”
“Just think, you’ll have some killer arm muscles after that”

I don’t know how the guys can take short naps like this; well Jon takes a 2-hour nap. But geez, I would just want to keep sleeping all day.

Jon gets his pregame meal ready while I shower and get ready. All I can say is thank God we have a big shower with a bench inside, that may be my key to survival with whatever I end up with on my leg tomorrow.

Once we arrived at the UC, Jon helped me get out of the back seat and hobble through the parking lot and into the arena.

Dayna, Elina & Abby are all the wives there, and immediately ask what happened, except Abby since she knew. As I’m telling the story, something on Elina’s hand catches the light above

“Is that an engagement ring?” I ask
“OH! Yes! Nik proposed last night!” Elina gushes, as I examine her ring
“Oh my gosh, it’s gorgeous! Congratulations!”
“Thanks! I was going to tell you but then we asked about your leg first,”
“Oh thanks, such a pain,”
“You have surgery in the morning?” Dayna asks
“Yes mam, pre-op is at 9am,”

The girls and I make our way up to the box, thankfully there’s a back way so I don’t have to worry about the crowds.

Tonight’s match up was against the Maple Leafs, who have been hot, currently a 7 game win streak, and one of the best road records in the league. Can we change that? Damn straight.

Being at the game with the girls took my mind off the nerves for my surgery tomorrow.  Especially with having a bouncy baby like Madelyn in my lap, she was such a daddy’s girl.

The win streak continued for the Hawks! We beat the Leafs 4-3 after Jon’s go-ahead goal. It was a good night.  It will probably be the last one for me for a while.  All the girls offered to help around the house when the boys were on the road, which I was so thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment